Thursday, June 25, 2015

The results are in...

As promised, just wanted to report back on the limoncello
...80 days later (see my previous post).  The Cookbook Club gals, assorted friends and family all give it two thumbs up!  I however, find it a bit super sweet and...strong
...YIKES!  That doesn't begin to describe what 100 proof feels like going down.

All in all though, I would consider the experiment a success and it's definitely fun stuff to have in the freezer to pull out as an after dinner sip or late night party favor.

I even brought a couple bottles to friends as hostess gifts which was a unique treat and a great conversation piece. The bottle on the left is a Dollar Store find and the one on the right is a re-purposed McEvoy Olive Oil bottle which I just love.


It's best kept in the freezer where it acquires a kind of syrupy texture that I think adds to its appeal. Let me know if you ever give it a try or stop by for a taste...I've got a jug of it in the freezer with your name on it!

No comments: